Wednesday, January 8, 2014

IMacro in action with Android application

Recently I purchase Samsung Galaxy tab, one of the wonderful creations that I’d ever wanted to have! I been using a lots of Android apps these days and decided to do something new using my PC, something that involve connection the device with my PC for playing games, sending messages and much more …

Android based mobile devices are way better than other java based devices as per my experience as they tend to give more freedom, speed and GUI is always better; however, I found it difficult to connect them with my PC likewise other brands like Nokia, Sony, Samsung come up with software for connectivity and backup purpose – there may be solutions however I thought to go for something unique. While checking android application market, I came across different applications that would allow me to connect my android mobile with PC and to do certain acts however one of those applications actually attracted me as it offered full control over android device using web browser – and that’s was the catch, I am sure you have already guessed what next article is going to be about!

IF you can access your device using any browser, you can make iMacro scripts! Got it

Ok, so apps name is ‘AirDroid’, they offer limited/trial however if you search out Google, you will find pirated copy of their application (I won’t suggest having one, as I, myself prefer using paid ones). Anyhow, that’s your part to think about. Once you install application in your mobile handset, it will try to connect your mobile with its network (make sure to active WIFI connection or alternatives), which you can connection using their web portal (web.airdroid.com). The interface is quite attractive and will allow you to access SMSs, Pictures/Gallery, Videos, Contacts, SD Card, Installed apps and few more things; it will also allow to send/receive SMSs using web interface and this is the place where iMacro is used.


Personally, I have acquired all of my contacts and assemble them in a sheet/CSV file, created iMacro script which is linked with the sheet and its function it to acquire contacts from the list, sending customized message/SMS to the contact. Bingo! I sent around 540 customized messages to my friends/circle a week ago, greeting New Year arrival. My own SMS marketing mini solution, allowing me customized content in individual SMSs.

Script is easy to build, you can make it yourself however if you need it, it costs only 20$.

4 comments:

  1. Is there a way to apply imacro scripts on your android phone for social media networks, not just SMS. I am again interested in this script and the LinkedIn script.
    Warm Regards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if you are looking for executing iMacro in android interface then try asking it from IOPUS directly (creator of iMacro), as per my knowledge there isn’t any android based version build till now. Anyhow, there are always solutions for what you seek.

      Search for any good ‘USER AGENT CHANGER’ plug-in of Firefox, it will allow you to change user agent of your browser, which will fool your browser by offering it a dummy agent details; try changing user agent to iphone and surf website, it will automatically show you how they look like within mobile/device interface.

      Once you implement any good plug-in, you can easily automate your tasks using iMacro!

      Delete
  2. I was searching for such a solution. I have a few questions :
    1) How do you access from your pc browser and imacro to the mobile device via Airdroid ?
    2) Does Airdroid allow access to the Google app, or in general access to all the functionalities of the mobile device like configuring the Wifi for example via pc brwoser and imacro ?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tuan,

    I believe you should visit AirDriod website for more details however just to answer you, here is what I found out:

    1) Once you install application at your mobile, you can go to their website and login. I login through Firefox so that I can use iMacro for automating things.
    2) Well, it allows access to SD card, SMS, games and multiple things; I haven’t seen any option to change mobile internal settings however you can install applications from browser.

    Visit their website and explore more about it; they recently updated the version and added more functionality.

    ReplyDelete