Saturday, May 4, 2013

Maintaining Google groups with iMacro


Ever wonder where groups are gone? Once Yahoo groups were one of the top most used free mediums of promotion – I remember having 20k members listed in my group; things have changed by now, I do have same groups however most of the member’s emails are either disables or people don’t use them often so it’s more like wastage of time going after yahoo group promotion. Google groups on other came late; they offered variety of services & features to attract people and to encourage people to return back to groups however it was bit late & social media websites like facebook & twitter have changed the trend, people don’t share their views at any group – everyone prefer using social media.

Anyhow, don’t be disappointed completely – there groups don’t look like useful at first glance, however they aren’t completely useless. Creating yahoo or google groups, making promotions to get members & to engage people is a time and effort taking process and most often end up with nothing and disappointment, whereas if same is performed automatically using some kind of auto-scripts, it could get worthy. Personally, I have around 2 yahoo groups with average 10k members and more than 10 google groups with around 4k members in individual groups; it took me lots of time initially when I was doing it manually, how now I use iMacro scripts for adding members in my google groups & posting in all of my groups automatically.

The trick is to utilize other’s groups rather than going for your own groups; I got around 250 yahoo groups & I use iMacro script for posting my articles at individual groups, it’s completely automatic and I usually execute these scripts during night times so I don’t have to wait and watch everything. Anyhow, the point is to join as many as possible groups and post your articles at individual groups; with all of my groups, I am getting around 310 average daily visitors and luckily visit bounce rate is low as well.

While joining groups, make sure that there is at least some kind of activity at those groups, member lists contains at least 2k members & posting is free for everyone. If you invest some more time, you can get more relevant audience by joining only most relevant groups only. Many of old groups are associated with websites/blogs or RSS, posting at those groups also post your article at group owners’ website as well so Go ahead, try it and have some extra traffic – it many come handy if you are out of genuine traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment